The visual studio team published a Visual Studio Database Guide on CodePlex.
(From Codeplex page)
“Practical guidance for Visual Studio 2010 Database projects, which is focused on 5 areas:
- Solution and Project Management
- Source Code Control and Configuration Management
- Integrating External Changes with the Project System
- Build and Deployment Automation with Visual Studio Database Projects
- Database Testing and Deployment Verification”
I encourage anyone who wants to learn or have deeper knowledge on to download and read this document. It is very well done and contains all you need to know (and even more) on VS2010 Database Development tools.